Sunday, November 17, 2013

Nov. 11


November 11, 2013

         This week has been great. Elder Bloomfield and me are tearing it up and I even got his name memorized. That's a joke kind of because the first day we taught a lesson and I went to introduce someone to him but I forgot his name and so now I still sometimes pretend like I don't know his name.
         Oh and I forgot the day when I went to meet him at transfer meetings we drove past Valley Forge were George Washington was so that was kind of cool.  But not as cool as the weather has been getting. I also heard from some people around here that we might be getting some snow soon. So I am kind of excited but kind of not.
Lately I have been wearing my sweaters and my hat and a scarf from elder Bloomfield and gloves and everything. So its cool and I have never wore a scarf before until I came out here.
         We have been meeting a lot of new people and teaching some cool lessons. a couple of our investigators were at church and have been going for a while. So I am excited and the members are being great and helping them and are great friends so I am excited. Yesterday and last night was pretty cool also.
         We were looking at former investigators and checking on some that we have never meet and we went to this one sketchy run down apartment to see this one lady. Well the lady wasn't there so we went to her neighbor to bug her and see if she knew the lady and if she spoke Spanish and wanted to hear more and the questions we always ask people.
We asked the lady if she spoke Spanish and she said she did a little like every other person here, but she said that she is actually from Brazil. So I almost peed my pants with excitement and switched over to My Brazilian mode and started saying what I could in Portuguese. Well then elder Bloomfield being the Genius he is asked her if she could help us with something. Lots of time people don't want to be helped but would love to help others. Well he told her that I am forgetting my Portuguese and It has been hurting a little then he told her that we teach lessons and it would be great if I could practice teaching those lessons to her about our church in Portuguese. Well she said yes and we are going to go back. So I am supper excited and I can use the practice maybe this is why the lord sent me here. Well I actually don't have much time, Love you much Elder Tyler Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment