Monday, October 21, 2013

October 15, 2013


Oct. 15 2013

Dear Maranda

How is life? Hey I have a Question. Have you herd about my S A T scores yet I want to know if it is good enough to get into Harvard yet. NOT. I know I probably blew it but if you want and have the time you can feel free to tell me how I did.
    This week has been kind of rough. Number wise it probably has been the worst week of the mission. And I am to embarrassed to tell you. Part of it is because a lot of times we have really good plans and then they fall through and don't work out or the person is not home or can't listen right then. But that's mission life. This week the weather has been kind of cruddy some days and it poured hard core.
 It reminded me of some of the cross-country invites I had in high school, especially the day we were walking around and walked past a really big green park and it was pouring down rain and there was green grass with leaves all over it. So it kind of reminded me of home. We are finding people all the time who want to hear more or say they want to which is good and I guess that's a lot better than nothing. Sometimes I just wonder if there’s something that I could be doing different that might be holding the work back but I don't know.
         I have experienced some cool things this week. One day when I was on exchanges we were driving to the church and elder callister had found a cd and so when me and another elder picked elder callister and our district leader up, we put it in to see what kind of cd it was. Holy cow it was ghetto. Not only it was a cruddy recording and sounded terrible because of the words. We would change it every time we heard a bad word, the shortest time we had on a song was like 3 seconds and the longest was 15 or 11 so after that while driving I rolled down the window and tossed it like a frisbee. Last week while at Wal-Mart on pday I saw some Amish people that was cool.
         And then yesterday we went to a Puerto Rican ladies house for dinner. Anyway there was a big group of maybe like 8 kids in the street and they had boxing gloves and would do fights I though it was fun and kind of wanted to fight some of those punky little 10 year olds. Instead I cheered from the side walk.
So that's what has been going down this week. Hopefully this week will be better. No in fact it will be better almost guaranteed. Because one reason is today we have a member present lesson, also this last week I had exchanges and went to a different area and elder callister didn't get anything that day and the next day was the day he planed out and we didn't get anything, so I know this week will be great and we also have another exchange but I am staying on my side of town and the district leader is coming to me.
Oh by the way today I actually bought some stuff to cook with. Like Potatoes and ketchup. And last week I bought eggs, Usually I just buy milk and cereal but I am going to do something more this week and can make some fried potatoes, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes maybe some breakfast burritos oh man I am excited. Just wish me luck.
       dear maranda again how are you. It is crazy how long I have been out sometimes it doesn't seem like it at all. I just hope by time I get to Brazil I can learn the language quick enough so that I can speak the language fluently and say almost everything I want to say. Yesterday I actually watched one of those I'm a Mormon things on Mormon .org about a guy named Felipe who is from Porto Alegre and now I want to go there even more. But here it is cool. I have a couple of week left in the transfer and after that I don't know what is going to happen. We often think about all the different options but since I am a visa waiter that makes things even more different.
For example, elder callister has already been here half a year but would they take him out and have me introduce someone to the area even though I could go anytime? So those are things I think about sometimes. I love you and it sounds like you and the family are doing great. It is going to be really weird when I get back and see Ellie.
Well I'll talk to you later
 LOVE always Elder Tyler Richardson Your Favorite Missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment