Monday, September 16, 2013

September 16, 2013



Hey Maranda how are you. This week has ben action packed. I even wrote a list because I didn't want to leave anything out today when I wrote this letter.

Ok so I think I will do the crazy not too spiritual stuff first. Well yesterday I got a biked fixed by a investigator because the chain broke. So I rode it and left it outside an investigators house Sol. And here in Reading everyone stoops or just sits on their porch and talks to there neighbors who are a foot away, because everyone lives in row homes. Well there was a bunch of people outside. So we left our bikes out in front and walked to a member’s house for like 10 minutes.

When I got back the kids were like, elder Richardson, that guy who was here took your bike. What the crap! My first day and the bike was stolen!! However it was temporary because the gut who took it knew Sol and actually just cut my companions hair. So he took it without asking and brought it back. And the kids said they told him it was mine and he said he didn't care.

Well he eventually brought it back and I was feeling Christ like so I didn't beat him up J. Later on I told this to a member named David who is Puerto Rican and he said, oh is this guy Puerto Rican he sounds like a Puerto Rican that's something they would do.

Another cool thing about this week is one day we were hungry and this lady, who is really cool and a member in the engilsh ward but lives in our area, took us out to dinner. We walked down the road to like a bar restaurant thing that was more like a bar. And they were playing this jazz type Santana Latino type music it was actually kind of cool.

A couple of days ago we did some service for our kind of wealthy Bishop. He owns 2 houses and rents one out. And both are nice especially his house. So we were helping him take some old carpet out of the rental house and then there was like this linoleum floor under, so we tore the linoleum or whatever off because there was a wood floor underneath.

Well under the stuff was a bunch of old newspapers and they were from July 1945 and talked a lot about World War 2 and shooting down Japanese planes and other stuff like that. So that was kind of crazy. And after only working for like 1 hour, the Bishop took us to this Mexican restaurant with his wife and the other Spanish elders in our district. Well I ended up trying something new and authentic so I got a enchilada with cow tongue. It was great, the meat is so tender and taste like roast beef.

Well that's what’s been happening. This week has been kind of slow. We have been trying to get new investigators because we don't have a lot of people to teach. So one day I decided to fast and fasted for almost 24 hours it was hard.

Especially when we went by Arby’s or when it was hot out and we were walking and I wanted juice. Or when we would go to visit people and they offered me food. However the blessings came.

That day we meet a guy who wanted to hear more and then when we were talking to him a friend of his came who was an inactive member from the DR and wanted to go back to church maybe. And the next day we got like 3 new investigators it was great.

It was raining and thundering and really windy and a little lightning, if that's a word. And when we were walking in this we would go and talk to the stoopers on their porches and talk to them and they would take pity on us and talk to us and since we were not going anywhere we would talk about anything and then ease our ways conversation about the church. And we got some new investigators.

Also the lady named Sol went to the English ward again even though she worked at the club late into the morning.

Well I don't know much of what else to stay don't feel obligated to remember all of this, I have to have something to share with people when I get home.

Hey Maranda how is school and the little girl? I hope she is feeling better.

Oh I was also talking to this member named sister Moore at Alicia’s house and I was telling her about you and the family and she thought you looked beautiful as always and she also thought Ellie is cute. Yeah you know what they say about good-looking people? They have a good-looking family. So that is a polite and vain way of saying that you and me are good looking. Yeah sister Moore said that I’m going to be scooped up quick when I get home.

You know she’s a single mom. So I can keep that in mind ;) Just joking I’m not about that life. I am however starting to think about a new teaching method that will allow me to get more numbers. It's called flirt to convert. If anything it will be a trial run and I will see how effective it is. Haha.

I'm glad you know me and my sense of humor and how to read these letters. Oh by the way my Spanish is getting pretty good I can talk to people on the street and start conversations I am so glad for my high school Spanish. And people can understand most of what I say I just wish I could do the same. Well I will talk to you later Love always elder Tyler Richardson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment