Monday, September 16, 2013

September 9, 2013



Hey Maranda I’m glad you got my package card letter thing in the mail. I hope you like it and I know your probably wearing it right now. Things in the mission life are good. We are improving each week and getting more and more lessons. We do need to get some more investigators though. However the ones we have are actually progressing. This guy named Porfirio who showed us the video last week is actually reading the book of Mormon. Which he hasn't done a whole lot of. So that made me happy.

Also the lady named Sol who is pretty thug had a hard week. Sometimes good things come from things like that. She had a problem with one of her daughters so she I think moved out, and her husband she either kicked out or moved out. She is the same lady who works as a bouncer and beats people up at a bar type club. But she loves me. Even though she appears slightly scary. She even went to church this last week and it was to the English ward though because she was tired from working at the club. But she went to church which she hadn't done before, and the missionaries have been visiting her since May. One day this week when she was feeling more down than ever, me and elder callister visited her. We talked a lot about struggles and trials in our life.

I bore my testimony to her about the savior and his love for us and his trials and how we need to love those around us and not let bad things bug us just like how the savior didn't let things bug him and was worried more about others. Like when he told the apostles to watch over his mom from the cross, or when he healed the guards ear after the atonement and taking upon all of our pains he still cared for others and not himself, and we should try to do the same. Well I shared this and some other things and bore my testimony and it brought some tears to my eyes and a lot to Sols. After when we were leaving she told me that she can feel something every time I talk to her and share something with her. That made me feel great. And me and elder callister were thinking maybe she is the reason I am here in Reading PA.

Also lately our most choice investigators who are golden, and have a lot of faith moved. One was Karina and her son Ishmael who moved to the other elders area. It is good though because she is still in my ward and now has her own place because she had been living with her crazy neighbors after being kicked out of her house. And she is really happy and hopefully going to be baptized soon. The other guy was the Dominican named Oscar who I contacted the one night and he loves elder callister and me. Even though he has a strong Dominican accent and I cant understand more than half the words he says. Anyway he is going back to the DR and is right now spending time in Long Island with family before going to the DR. But he asked us about going to church so when he arrives in the DR we will have to sick the missionaries on him. He likes us so much he at first wanted us to go to the DR with him and since we cant, he wants us to go to the DR and visit him when we are done, and eat delicious food and go swimming and stuff.  Well we have a zone unity picnic thing soon so I have to go. Love Elder Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment