Monday, September 30, 2013

September 30, 2013



Maranda it is so great to hear from you. It sounds like life is also going great for the family.
Things this last week have been both good and bad. One day was probably the worst day I had had in a while. I kind of felt like the part of the movie Mega mind, when metro man is just kind of going through the motions and isn't really felling like the awesome child of God that he is. However I haven’t had a day like that since then. Yeah it just was a weird kind of cruddy day…
     A lot of good has happened this week. One thing is that church yesterday was great. One reason was I was sitting next to a brand new investigator. Her name is Blanca and she is from Guatemala. She is pretty nice and it is cool because she actually knows a couple of other people from church like our ward missionary from Guatemala, and some other people. We also had a member come and tell us she wanted to go with us to our next lesson with her because she has an autistic son just like the member, so he can help out with the son during the meeting. Also during sacrament it was the primary program. That was cool. I don't know if it was just the ward or what but they didn't sound as good as our primary.
Also a lot of the people can't sing in our ward. So I guess there are little things we can be thankful for all the time.
       This last week we also have been talking to sol about quitting smoking. And she is going to quit and hasn't smoked for a while and started not to long ago. This last week I did a lot of praying and fasted because I know that the lord will help Sol with her problems and help me to help her if I show my faith. So I’m excited. The church has a cool program just for smoking that I am using. We are also getting new investigators a lot more than we have been the last couple of weeks.
However it always makes me a little sad when we go to their home for an appointment and no one is there. That is always a little disappointing especially when you prepared and brought a member with you.
     Since it is pretty diverse around here, there is a lot of Dominicans as I think I have told you about that. There is one member who is Dominican and we work with a lot. And we were at his house and he helped teach us how to make something with plantains. It’s called mongoo but the way we prepared it, it was the quick way and it was missing some things. But it is like mashed plantains and you make it like mashed potatoes then you put like egg on top of it and also fried cheese which we didn't have, and can put onions and salami on it. It was pretty good. I get to try new things all the time.
I almost ordered the cabeza or cow head for the meat in my quesadilla at a restaurant but instead I just got the tongue again. It actually is really good. Oh and also we have several people in our ward from Ecuador and they have made food from there country its great. I love meeting people from new places, its cool. It’s going to be great in Brazil but its still cool here.
  There actually building an temple in Philly you can see pics probably on a church website or on line.
Its cool looking though but I like the Portland and San Diego and the Vegas temple a lot more. Well I will probably talk later next week. I am going to try to email Jason. He sent me a package with letters and colorings from his daughters and him and Laurel. What a great family. 
Well I love you and will talk to you later love, Elder Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment